Things To Do Together
Activity: OPTION ONE: Helping Hands
- Get one piece of construction paper per child
- Get various colors of paint and squirt into several dishes.
- Have kids choose a color, place their hand in the paint, and make a handprint on the paper
- When it dries, have them write “I help ______ by______” (ex: I help my dad by taking out the garbage).
- Hang this up with the title “Helping Hands”
OPTION TWO (or while paint is drying): Act out the story together!
- Have people be the man on the ground
- Have other play the priests and Levite
- Have another be the good Samaritan and innkeeper
- Have them switch roles and talk about what they observed and felt as the different characters
Prayer of the Day: Dear Jesus, you ask us to help other people, even people we don’t like. That can be hard. Help us to learn to see everyone as your precious child. Amen.