Things to Do Together
Activity: Using our Hands. Our hands can reach out and touch, they can hit, they can grab something away, or hold something gently. Hands are very important.
- FIRST: Name all the ways we use our hands on a daily basis.
- SECOND: What are all the ways we use our hands that are helpful, loving, and gentle
- THIRD: Hand massages! The teacher can demonstrate how you might give a gentle hand massage. Take turns.
- FOURTH: Trace the child’s hand on a piece of paper. You can add the following below:
- “My hands are small, but they can_______” (Insert one of the good things you listed above with the kids that hands can do)