What Happened in the Story?
- How do you feel about the story of Adam and Eve?
- From this story, what do we learn about what God is like?
- God is powerful and creative.
- God is compassionate, even when we do the opposite of what is good for us.
- God created the world to be good.
- From this story, what do we learn about people?
- We don't always make choices that are good for us.
- Because of our (and other people's) bad choices, there is suffering and hardship in the world.
- From this story, what do we learn about the relationship between God and people?
- God always takes care of us and loves us, even when we don't follow God's instructions.
Faith Story Prompts
Share a faith story of yours related to this story of creation. Hearing about your faith each week is a way for you to witness to the gospel, giving your children examples of what faith looks like as it is enacted in and affected by life. Here are some ideas:
- How does the natural world affect your faith?
- What are you most grateful for that God made?
- How do you feel when you are out in nature? How do you think that connects to how God created us?